As we age, environmental factors, sun exposure, hormonal changes, genetic issues, bacteria, and a host of other factors can wreak havoc on our skin. In addition to common skin blemishes like wrinkles, and acne, vascular issues like facial redness, and rosacea, can leave our skin looking old, and worn out. And when left untreated these issues will only worsen and can even develop into detrimental issues that may go as far as to affect the heart and lungs.
At Jackson Dermatology we offer a revolutionary treatment protocol for the treatment of vascular issues, using the newest innovations in cosmetic technology.
Common Vascular Issues
While many vascular skin blemishes are fairly benign, medically, their cosmetic implications are much greater. Veins and blood vessels are located all over the body, but due to any number of factors sometimes these bloodvessels will reach the surface and impair your appearance. This adverse effect on your appearance not only makes you look worse, but can ruin an individual’s self-image, as many of these issues are prominent and difficult to hide.
Vascular issues can occur at any part of the body, considering pretty much all of the body is covered with blood vessels. Some of the more common vascular issues we treat are:
- Surface Bruising
- Angiomas (Spider Angiomas, Cherry Angiomas, etc.)
- Facial Redness
- Blotchy Skin
- Spider Veins
- Varicose Veins
- Reticular Veins
- Growths, Moles, & Lesions
- Vascular Birth Marks
- Hyperpigmentation and Other Discolorations
Depending on the specific type of issue, the location, as well as other corrective needs, a number of different treatment methods are available. However, the most effective and best course of treatment we offer is through the use of lasers.
Vascular Laser Therapy
- Conventional Laser Therapy – Using powerful laser, light energy, we destroy the non-functional, broken blood vessel. The laser is shot directly into the damaged blood vessel. This destroys the vessel and causes it to be reabsorbed as waste back into the body.
- IPL – Intense pulsed light, uses the same concept as the conventional laser but IPL penetrates slightly deeper than a normal laser, leaving the skin’s surface untouched.
- Laser Genesis – A specialized vascular laser that offers the ability to treat redness while treating acne scarring, surgical scars, and offering skin revitalization. Treatment is painless and there is virtually no down time. Multiple treatments are required for optimal results.
Other options include Sclerotherapy, a common method that uses injections to destroy the vein and have it closed. Or the use of certain chemical peels, facials, injectable dermal fillers, microdermabrasion treatment, and other means of cosmetic skin resurfacing. For more information on the treatment of vascular issues, or to schedule a consult, contact us today.